If you have worked hard, planned wisely and accumulated assets, it’s common sense to protect those assets and pass them to your loved ones in the manner you choose by structuring a comprehensive estate plan. There simply is no better way to show how much you love those people who will remember you so fondly.
Establishing a trusted attorney-client relationship is critical in estate planning, perhaps more so than with any other practice area. At the Law Offices of Nelson Chang, I invest a great deal of time early in the process to learn about each client’s unique situation in order to develop objectives that suit his or her needs.
Life changes more rapidly than ever. If you have not reviewed an existing estate plan within the past five years, it is important to do so with a knowledgeable attorney to ensure that it still accomplishes your objectives.
Knowledgeable Advice In All Aspects Of Estate Planning
Experience is a valuable characteristic of an estate planning lawyer. I have helped residents in and around Saugus gain the peace of mind that comes with putting an estate plan in place since 1975. I help my clients with the full scope of estate planning, including:
- Wills and trusts — The foundation of any estate plan, wills spell out your wishes on the distribution of assets and trusts can help you avoid probate and accomplish unique needs.
- Durable powers of attorney and health care proxies — These estate planning tools are the essence of being prepared should you become incapacitated and unable to make decisions for yourself. They spell out your wishes regarding health care and life-saving measures and designate individuals to make decisions for you regarding health care and financial matters.
- Probate and estate administration — I guide individuals who have been named executors of an estate through the probate process and ensure that the rules of probate court are followed.
- Protecting assets — Important steps should be taken to prevent your assets from being depleted to pay for assisted living or health care late in life, as well as estate taxes. I will help you pass your assets to your loved ones.
- Transfers of property — From businesses to real estate investments, I can help ensure a smooth transfer of your most valuable assets.
- Planning for Medicaid — I have the tools needed to help you plan for future Medicaid coverage without having to give away all of your assets.
The First Step Is To Determine Your Needs — And It’s Free
You can’t afford to postpone putting a plan in place that will provide for your loved ones. The first meeting is free and a way to determine your needs. Call 781-816-8877 or use my online contact form to schedule a free consultation.